Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgivng,--November 25, 2011

The condo was sporting a lot of autumn for the Thanksgiving holiday. Patio doors had corn stalks. Bought these a while ago and brought them down. They are just plastic sheets with these pictures on them. It was perfect for these doors. Really didn't go with the palm trees and the golf course outside but we pretended.
Denny Moes. One of Pudge's buddies from North St. Paul. He also winters down here in another park not far from us. He was involved with hockey back in MN.
Priscilla & John. FYI-surprised the heck out of me when he agreed to wear this. Must have been because the others were so willing.

Another plastic sheet. It almost looked like this was right outside the window. Cast a nice gold glow over the dinner table and living room.
Set the buffet up for all of the food. Nothing there now because this was before. The bouquet on the right was brought to me from Shannon & John. The one on the left I won at the ladies luncheon a few weeks ago.
John & Shannon Wedemeyer.
Aren't they cute? Jim & Gloria Tollefsbol. Didn't surprise me too much that Jim wore his pilgrim hat. There was a strategy behind it though. I didn't even bring them out until after he had a few cocktails. And it worked!!
22 pound bird. It was good. Sent leftovers home with everybody.
This greeted my guests at the front door. Didn't want to get a wreath that would be hard to store. This one fit the bill.
Tablescape. Colors are not good. Can hardly see that the tablecloth is a beige gingham. I did wish that I had bought more dishes down from MN. I could not justify buying any more knowing that there is so much back there. I actually managed quite well using what I had.
OK--I really wanted to write this before the pictures but not having success with that so going ahead and so it at the end. I don't want to mess with this too much because from past experience I have had the whole thing disappear.

1 comment:

  1. This whole post is fantastic! I love how you made it look so autumnal! Your table, buffet table, window decor and the hats are delightful! I'm positive everyone had a great time! I'm thankful for you, Pat and Pudge.

    ReplyDelete